Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup



So tonight I will be talking about my all time favorite recipes that I am dying to share with everyone.  I absolutely love this one, Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup.  
It is a tradition for my boyfriend and I to make this after a long day of hiking (usually an exhausting 6 mile hike to be clear) and so far it has been worth it every time (I feel less guilty about all the calories and carbs I eat haha).  It has also been a favorite of everyone's in my family although, I am sure the high calorie and carb count discourages them sometimes! If you are on a diet and watching what you eat, go on a long hike before eating it, it will make you feel less guilty and make it that much better. 

I have added the link for everyone so that you can see where it originally comes from and follow their recipe and ingredients.  You’ll find that I have changed a few ingredients and the order that I put them in.  I like to have a Chicken Caesar Salad with the soup as well.


My version of Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup:

Ingredients

2
 whole large Cloves Of Garlic Minced
2
 Tbl Olive Oil
2
 10¾ oz Cans of Condensed Tomato Soup
¼
 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped or 2 Tbl Of Sun Dried Tomato Paste
2
 cups Greek Yogurt
 cups Chicken Stock
1
 tsp Onion Powder
1
 Tbl McCormick Italian Seasoning
½
 tsp Salt
½
 tsp Pepper
1
 whole 9 Oz Package Of Cheese Filled Tortellini
½
 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, for garnish


Directions
Saute garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown or burnt.
When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, chicken stock and spices.
Bring to a simmer.
Once simmering, drop tortellini into the soup.
Cook according to the package directions. After tortellini are cooked,turn off the heat and stir in the greek yogurt. Try not to let the yogurt curdle. Once you have added it all in ladle the soup into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment