Monday, June 10, 2013

Admit One Shadow Box

Today I am here to talk to you about one of my own creations, an Admit One Shadow Box.  This one was a lot of fun to make and now hangs on my wall where I am able to deposit each ticket stub into every time I see a movie or go somewhere a ticket is involved.  I made it after my boyfriend and I started dating a year ago so I use it to put ticket stubs from things we have done together.  I have seen pictures for it on Pinterest (which is how I got the idea) but have never actually looked at a blog or anything for it so I have no link for you all to look at today but,  it is super simple to figure out.



Here are a few things you will need to get started:


  • Scissors
  • Pencil
  • A shadow box with a slit on top to put in tickets.
  • Scrapbook paper (2)
    • black
    • Your pick
  • Your ticket stubs

Total time: 30 minutes

I started out by buying a shadowbox with a slit at the top so I could add tickets when ever I wanted.











I then took the back of the shadow box off and using that to make an outline with my pencil to cut my scrapbook paper.  For my paper I chose popcorn themed scrapbooking paper.  Once I made my outline I cut what I had traced into a square to fit my box.  After I cut it out I used the picture that came with the shadow box and glued my paper to the back of it in order to make it thicker and fit better in the box.


As soon as the paper was done drying I put the paper in the box and closed the back shut.











Once you have shut and hammered the nail into the wall you are ready to add in your ticket stubs and enjoy!











You may notice that I have not put the ADMIT ONE title in the box yet.  I will be adding that soon but have to muster up the courage to get my Cricket out of storage.  Once I have added the finishing touches I will post for all to see.  

*Send us a picture of you doing this craft or any craft on our blog and we will include your picture on our blog! Email any and all pictures of you doing your craft or the finished product.*

No comments:

Post a Comment