Monday, September 9, 2013

21st Birthday Surprise

So for my best friend's 21st birthday I searched everywhere for ideas as to what to get her or even make if I had to.  I of course went to Pinterest for this and was having a hard time finding anything.  After hours of searching for an idea I saw a picture of a decorated bottle of Smirnoff. So I came up with the idea to purchase 4 or 5 mini shot bottles and decorate them creating a mystery booze bottle.  I also decided to decorate a shot glass just for her.



So for this craft you will need a few things:


  • Modge Podge (the homemade stuff works perfectly.  Here is a link on how to make your own)
  • Mini shot bottles 
  • Glitter
  • Jewels 
  • Shot glass
  • Hot Glue Gun (be extra careful when using this.  I burned myself a few times)

Mini Shot Bottles 
  • I started out by decorating my mini bottles. The first thing I did was use the modge podge to put glitter on the tops of all the bottles. Make sure to do 2 layers of this.
  • Next once all the glitter was dried on the tops I began decorating the bottle itself in various ways. Some bottles I used glitter in between and others I did not.  I also did a variation of just pink squared jewels, green and blue circled jewels, random colored squared jewels and also just random jewels. 
  • Once you have decorated each bottle and they have all dried add a ribbon if you wish.


 

 

Shot Glass


  • In Sections, add Modge Podge to the outside of the shot glass and cover it in glitter. Make sure each section dries before continuing, otherwise you will smudge the glitter. 
  • Do about 3 layers of glitter
  • Once you have added all the glitter it is now time to add the jewels to get your 21
  • With the hot glue gun very carefully add a small amount on to the back of the dot.  In order to do this you have to plan out how you want your 21 to look. Place your first jewel where you desire.                           Continue the same process until you have finished.

You've done it! You have made your very own 21st Birthday Booze Surprise! Of course there are many different ways you can do this and it does not just have to be for a 21st birthday!  Find creative ways to do it differently or do it just like us. 



*Send us a picture of you doing this craft or any craft on our blog and we will include your picture on our blog! Email any and all pictures of you doing your craft or the finished product.*

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! So cute and so much fun! I'll have to try this for my friends upcoming birthday or maybe even find somewhere to buy something like it!

    ReplyDelete